Fun Things To Do near Smithfield, NC
Families have many recreation options in Pulaski and Giles County, from hunting to horseback riding.
PHOTO CREDIT: Staff
Having fun is easy in Johnston County, NC; what's not so easy is deciding what do to first. From shopping to hiking to theatrical performances, there's something for everyone to enjoy.
1. Hunt for finds at the Selma Antique District; the area offers more than 100,000 square feet of antique shops and malls.
3. Go for a swim, play racquetball or enjoy a variety of additional activities at the Smithfield Recreation & Aquatics Center.
4. Hike or walk along the Neuse River Walk, or take advantage of the water and go fishing or kayaking in the Neuse River.
5. Catch a concert or check out an event at the Clayton Center, located in the heart of downtown Clayton.
6. Take in a performance at the Neuse Little Theatre.
7. Tour Atkinson's Mill and learn about the company's history that dates back to 1757.
8. Enjoy the outdoors at the Howell Woods Environmental Learning Center, which covers 2,800 acres.
9. Shop your way through the 80 stores at Carolina Premium Outlets.
10. Bowl, play arcade games or shoot pool at Rainbow Lanes Family Fun Center.
Learn about more great activities in Smithfield, NC.