Fun Things To Do in Licking County, OH
PHOTO CREDIT: Wes Aldridge
Residents and visitors alike can always find something fun to do in Licking County, as the area is home to a variety of cultural and recreational opportunities.
1. Visit The Works, an interactive museum where individuals of all ages can enjoy hands-on activities and interesting displays.
2. Catch a live performance at the historic Midland Theatre, which first opened as a movie theater in 1928.
3. Make a splash at CoCo Key Water Resort, and take advantage of the four-story water slides the park has to offer.
4. Explore the 1,800 acres Dawes Arboretum comprises, and take the time to admire the 15,000 plants you'll find.
5. Watch a theatrical show or musical at the Weathervane Playhouse.
6. Get active by walking, rollerblading, jogging, running or biking along the variety of trails offered in the area by Trail2Health.
7. Sip your choice of more than 30 wines from around the world at Buckeye Winery.
8. Stop by the National Heisey Glass Museum and check out the thousands of pieces of glassware it features, each created by the A.H. Heisey & Company in Newark from 1896 until 1957.
9. Swim, boat, fish or enjoy a picnic at Buckeye Lake State Park.
10. Grab a set of clubs and play a round of golf at The Links at Echo Springs.