Fun Things To Do in Camden, SC
Camden draws its fun from history and horseback riding.
PHOTO CREDIT: Submitted
Camden, South Carolina draws its fun from history and horseback riding.
1. Catch the action at the Carolina Cup or Colonial Cup, Kershaw County's famed steeplechase events.
2. Drop a line at Lake Wateree, a prime spot for fishing and boating.
3. Swing by South Carolina Equine Park's 40 acres of land designed for all kinds of horse competitions and spectator sports.
4. Brush up on your history with a walking or carriage tour through Camden Historic District, comprised of more than 60 preserved homes and buildings.
5. Embrace your inner artist at the Fine Arts Center of Kershaw County, offering everything from theater performances to an art gallery and arts education building.
6. Play a round or two at the Camden Country Club, an 18-hole championship golf course.
7. Read up on the town history with a trip to the Camden Archives and Museum, housed in the impressive Carnegie Library.
8. Browse the fresh food at Kershaw County Farmers Market held every Saturday morning from April through December.
9. Let the music move you during the three-day Carolina Downhome Blues Festival.
10. Take your best shot on the PowderKegg Wildlife Preserve.