Fun Things to Do in Sumter, SC
PHOTO CREDIT: Todd Bennett
Discover all Sumter has to offer, from compelling artwork to scenic natural getaways. Have your own memorable experience with these exciting attractions.
1. Improve your golf swing at Crystal Lakes Golf Course or Beech Creek Golf Club.
2. Set up camp in Poinsett State Park for a relaxing natural getway.
3. See a thrilling live performance in the historic Sumter Opera House.
4. Admire the beauty of tranquil Swan Lake Iris Gardens with an afternoon picnic.
5. Discover up-and-coming local artists at Sumter County Gallery of Art.
6. Take family or friends to Gamecock Lanes, a 24-lane facility, for bowling fun.
7. Hit the courts at Palmetto Tennis Center for a healthy dose of fun.
8. Celebrate Sumter Iris Festival, South Carolina's oldest festival, in May.
9. Swim laps or just splash around at the City of Sumter Aquatics Center, which features a wade pool, swim lanes and a water slide.
10. Support Sumter Little Theatre by catching one of its many outstanding performances throughout the year.
Read about more fun activities in Sumter, SC.