Fun Things To Do in the Kingston, TN Area
Kingston, TN offers a variety of fun things to see and do. Take in the fresh air or step back to a simpler time, and enjoy the area's history and scenic offerings.
PHOTO CREDIT: Brian McCord
Kingston, TN and the Roane County area offer a variety of fun things to see and do. Take in the fresh air or step back to a simpler time, and enjoy the area's history and scenic offerings.
1. Watch fireworks and a drag boat races at the Smokin' on the Water festival every July 4th in Kingston.
2. Sail, swim and fish at the Watts Bar Lake, which is one of the largest lakes in the south.
3. Take a hike and learn about commercials forests and surface mining on the Bacon Ridge Trail.
4.Go mountain biking on Mount Roosevelt located near Rockwood.
5.Tour the only fort in Tennessee to be reconstructed on its original foundation at Fort Southwest Point.
6.Enjoy bluegrass and country music, and join the pie-eating contest at the Kingston County Fair, held each fall.
7. Watch a ball game at the Alton E. Byrd Park, which is home to the Kingston Girl's Softball Association.
8. Shop historic downtown Rockwood, and visit the drug store's old soda fountain for a coke float.
9. Turn back time on the Secret City Scenic Excursion Train. The coach and dining car are pulled by a 1950s vintage locomotive while you ride, dine and watch October Sky.
10. Browse special items at the retail store/museum Rocky Top General Store, and don't forget to grab some free popcorn.