Fun Things To Do in Harlingen, TX
PHOTO CREDIT: Jeff Adkins
1. Take a drive to gather seashells along the beaches of South Padre Island.
2. Head to the races at Valley Race Park, which has live greyhound racing and simulcast races from around the world every day.
3. Find yourself at peace as you walk through the lush gardens of Hugh Ramsey Nature Park, home to exotic birds and butterflies.
4. Remember our nation's history as you tour the Iwo Jima Monument and Museum.
5. Grab your notebook and binoculars, and participate in the annual Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival to witness breath-taking birds found throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
6. Stroll through downtown Harlingen to see over 30 colorful murals depicting the city's heritage.
7. Browse the work of local artists at the Harlingen D'Arte Centre Gallery.
8. Perfect your tennis game with lessons at the HEB Tennis Center.
9. See a play at the Harlingen Performing Arts Theater.
10. Learn about history at the Harlingen Arts & Heritage Museum, located in the former home of the town's founder.