Fun Things to Do in Tyler, TX
PHOTO CREDIT: Antony Boshier
Home to art, history, performances and outdoor activities, Tyler offers a variety of opportunities sure to entertain residents and visitors alike. Set aside a little time to take advantage of these fun attractions the city has to offer:
1. Tour the McClendon House, which was constructed in 1878 and is now a Texas State Historical Landmark as well as a Tyler Historical Landmark.
2. Get in touch with your wild side at the Caldwell Zoo where visitors can observe and learn about a variety of animals.
3. Make it a “pointe” to see a classical dance performance at Ballet Tyler.
4. Visit Camp Ford Historic Park, which once served as the largest Confederate Prisoner of War Camp west of the Mississippi River at the time of the Civil War.
5. Experience the Discovery Science Place, a hands-on museum for children of all ages.
6. Check out a variety of performances at the Cowan Center, including jazz, classical, Broadway, comedy, cirque and concerts.
7. Examine exhibits and collections at the Tyler Museum of Art where visitors can go on tours, participate in educational programs, and enjoy a cafe and shop.
8. Drive go-karts, play miniature golf and enjoy carnival rides at Fire Mountain Amusements.
9. Listen to musical creations of the East Texas Symphony Orchestra, a group that consists of accomplished professionals.
10. Reconnect with nature at Lake Tyler by taking a boat ride, going fishing or setting up a campsite.
Learn about more fun things to do in Tyler, TX.